Jul 23, 2008

Poetry

Since we're doing poetry now, I don't see why not give it a shot?
A dozen roses I gave to you.
A dozen roses, not one or two.
But a bouquet of flowers just from me.

The roses are red and as beautiful as ever,
But one is different from the rest, and it’s meaning I’ll endeavor.

It is just like the others in that it is red.
It is surrounded by the rest - next to your bed.
In the vase with others all beautifully cut.
If I told you it was fake you would call a bluff.

Let me tell you what it means.
It does not mean our love is fake;
Something so perfect can not be a mistake.
It represents my endless love.
It is ever so pure and as white as a dove.

When I gave you those dozen roses, this is what I said that night.
“I will love you until the last rose left has wilted and died.”

I will love you forever no matter the conditions.
Just as this weather proof rose - colored with dye.

Nothing will ever change the way I feel.
As long as I have you and my love in your heart,
I will love you always.
I will never depart.

A dozen roses I gave to you that special day.
-Now down to the very last rose-
I told you the truth and I would never lie.
I will love you for ever; every night and every day.

No comments: